Super Ferment Yeast Nutrient.

Thread: Super Ferment Yeast Nutrient.

Senior Member Gold Supporter Beezy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Super Ferment Yeast Nutrient.

I have been using this shit for a while. My buddy that used to work at the local store here said that the old lady that used to own it designed the nutrient. For wine making but I use it for beer. No boiling. I put it right in the fermenter. It's almost antidotal evidence at this point but my beer do tend to finish dry with this stuff. The last beer I forgot to add it and it ended at 1.01. The beer before was almost the same in grain bill size and mash method. With this stuff - 1.004. I don't know if anyone knows about it so this is a heads up. I would actually be interested to hear what you guys think about it if you decided to give it a try.

http://www.countrywines.com/product_detail.asp?category=88&product={7E36CCFE-6EB5-45F1-97AD-FECF82E5F31C}

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it contains beano and breaks down additional sugars for yeasties to eat. '

Post Thanks / Like

What they say on the site:

A complete yeast nutrient and energizer in one! Our proprietary blend is more than just diammonium phosphate---it includes ammonium ion and phosphate ion, plus yeast hulls (for lipids), sulfate ion, B-complex vitamins, and growth factors (biotin and pantothenic acid), as well as trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and zinc. It contains all of the elements necessary to achieve optimal yeast reproduction and metabolism

Post Thanks / Like

Is 1.004 desirable in a beer for you? I think I'd prefer the 1.010. Might be nice for a bigger beer if it means 1.010 instead of 1.015 though.

GO GET A PICKLE! Lifetime Supporter ohiobrewtus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
    Is 1.004 desirable in a beer for you? I think I'd prefer the 1.010. Might be nice for a bigger beer if it means 1.010 instead of 1.015 though.
    I can't think of many styles where 1.004 FG is going to work very well.. Maybe a really dry IPA or a Biere de Garde.
    "...I think I ate your chocolate squirrel."

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest450
    A ha, fuck you. you fat ohio lover. cunt boy
    "Saying I have a drinking problem is like saying that Bruce Lee had a Kung Fu problem. Just because I'm the best doesn't mean that I have a problem."

Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw I've used fermaid k with a handful of brews and didn't notice the yeast attenuating more than expected

Post Thanks / Like

It was a hoppy blonde. I thought it was quite nice. No I normally wouldn't want it that low. But I don't like em sweet either.

Post Thanks / Like

I tnhought i liked beers at 15 until i had a few this summer at 4, 5, 6. They are quite nice there, if they have ohter supporting flavors.